Lower side back pain: Treatment of lower side back pain
- 378 views
Lower side back pain can affect the spine as a whole but also cause pain, localized in any area of the body is above the legs and below the ribs. The lower side back pain connect the lower and upper part of the body while carrying a huge load. That is why lower back injury when exposed to weightlifting, arriving in uncomfortable positions, or when a person reaches out for something.
Lower side back pain is familiar to almost everyone. Diseases of lumbago, sciatica, lower side back pain — often lead to temporary disability. The most common is pain caused by changes in the lumbosacral spine. These changes should not be ignored.
Lower side back pain is one of the most common reasons for visits to doctors. Statistics shows that by the age of 30 to 70 percent of women and men face pain. Located between the waist sacral and thoracic spine in the lower back. It is this spine accounted for the largest load.
The lower side back pain of humanity is paying for the transition to upright posture. Lower side back pain may vary and is stabbing, dull, sharp, aching, burning and so on, can be localized or in a spinal point or spread from the waist to the entire back or legs. Pain appears as a sudden and originating almost invisible, and then amplifying in a few days. Lower side back pain is different in intensity and often reach unbearable intensity depends on the age and mental factors, such as pain caused by sciatica, the elderly are very strong.
Back Pain Lower Right Side — Video
All the pain caused by lumbar nerve roots jamming, irritation of the nerves of the spinal column of its own, or irritation and swelling of the tendons and muscles, which are located in the zone of innervation of the spine in the lumbar region. The most common syndromes associated with lower side back pain — is sciatica and lumbago. However, regardless of the strength of pain, you should not delay the visit to the doctor and treatment.
Lower back pain as well as tightness is a day to day suffering for me. I`ve tried utilizing common guide however it did not really help. However, using this back pain guidebook, «fetching loni» (Google it), was able to take care of my back tightness substantially. It`s very comfy. Good guidebook, strongly recommended
Physicians separated types of pain in his back:
- Acute, where the duration of pain is not more than 3 months. This type of pain is the most common. Most often unable to get rid of the pain with the help of home treatment for 4-6 weeks
- Recurrent when repeated periods of acute pain. Most people experiencing at least once recurrent lumbar pain.
- Chronic, which manifests itself most of the time, more than three months.
- lower back pain
Diagnosis of lower side back pain does not cause any difficulties, often enough a simple examination of the spine, as well as listening to the patient’s complaints. In some cases, use more research: magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), X-rays.
The cause of lower side back pain is trauma, too much stress, tension, diseases of the spine.
The most common causes that give rise to lower side back pain are:
- sprains, excessive load, injury, displacement of the vertebrae (spondylolisthesis, spondylolysis);
- An intervertebral hernia, compression of the nerve roots of the spinal cord, the displacement of the vertebrae, spinal stenosis, low back pain (which causes spinal degenerative processes);
- vertebral fractures, which may be the result of trauma;
- deformation of the spine (kyphosis, scoliosis, lordosis);
- Aging: Muscle and skin aging, they lose their power, and this increases the risk of injury. Also vertebrae (elastic discs, located between the vertebral bones) can wear out and stop well serve as a shock absorber between the bones;
- vertebral fracture (fracture compression) caused by osteoporosis, arthritis, congenital problems or diseases of the spine;
Significantly less lower side back pain caused by ankylosing spondylitis, infection, disease Scheuermann (ie, deformation of the vertebrae), internal diseases, Paget’s disease. There is also a rare but very serious problem, which is called «cauda equina syndrome» is caused by a pinched nerve at the end of the spinal cord. The disease requires emergency treatment, so if you experience numbness or weakness in the legs, loss of bowel control — immediately contact the person.
There are several categories of lower side back pain:
- sprains symptoms manifested limited opportunities to move your lower side back pain spasms, and the pain can spread to the buttocks and limit the ability to make the slopes;
- neuro-radicular syndrome. In this type of pain, the pain can spread to the legs (one or both), their fornication, numbness. May increase the pain when coughing, sneezing, prolonged standing or sitting;
- other symptoms resulting from diseases. The occurrence of pain — gradually, the duration of pain — a large, in addition, fixed increased pain with time.
- At constant lower side back pain lasting for 2-3 days, you need to see a doctor. It makes no sense to wait until the pain will lead you in a completely a disabled state. You can always contact us at the clinic and get professional help.
Typical descriptions of complaints of lower side back pain:
- there was a sharp lower side back pain (the right side), thought that the kidneys — made the US — everything is fine;
- 3-4 days ago there was the pain. Approximately 10 cm above the tailbone. With bareback I do not go, do not go to the drafts, gravity does not drag … The pain is not sharp and tolerant, dull. Without traffic does not bother;
- since birth, I am suffering a worsening periodically aching in the lower side back pain — especially hard to lift something heavy and keep ahead. But the pain this is simmering, then reappears;
- after heavy exercise appeared lower side back pain, raised heart pressure (normally lower) and the temperature.