Low back pain after sleeping: causes and what to do
- 507 views
Low back pain after sleeping is an important symptom that may indicate diseases of the spine. It cannot be ignored, need to quickly seek medical attention.
Low back pain after sleeping is quite common, but still represent a small percentage of the total number of complaints of pain. Most of these concerned the pain of the people who lead a sedentary lifestyle while sleeping on an uncomfortable bed or in an uncomfortable position. As a result of such sleep occurs muscle spasm, leading to severe pain. The smallest percentage of low back pain after sleeping caused by a rare disease such as ankylosing spondylitis and ankylosing spondylitis. Often such problems arise in women and in people who are overweight, regardless of gender.
Where and how localized low back pain after sleeping:
— In the supine position / abdomen
— In the morning, after sleeping;
— At night, before going to bed;
— During the night and morning.
Causes of low back pain after sleeping
After sleeping or during sleep may be disturbed pain for many reasons. In 90% of cases, the cause lies in diseases of the spine and nervous system.
- In the morning back pain
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine;
- Herniated discs of the lumbar spine;
- Lumbar disc protrusion;
- Spondylarthrosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis;
- Spinal stenosis on the background of degenerative diseases;
- Myositis, myalgia;
- Psoit during pregnancy;
Wrong position during sleep — on the back. Because of this, the lumbar curve of increases, which leads to low back pain after sleeping.
At night, it hurts to rule out other diseases, the differential diagnosis should be carried out:
- Kidney diseases (including alcohol), often accompanied by swelling, symptoms are worse when tapped in the right or the left kidney on the back. It is recommended to analyze the urine;
- Problems with the gynecological organs in women diagnosed with ultrasound, gynecological examination. Can bother diseases such as adenomyosis, adnexitis amenorrhea;
- Others referred pain from internal organs (adrenal glands, liver, pancreas, intestines, stomach, etc.)
- Aseptic inflammation of the vertebrae;
- Post-traumatic phenomena;
- Neoplastic disease (including benign prostatic hypertrophy);
- System, autoimmune processes (rheumatism, arthritis / arthrosis, etc.)
Symptoms low back pain after sleeping
Pain syndrome may occur both during sleep and waking. Typically, the low back pain after sleeping is dull in nature, and passes an hour after awakening. In most cases, it helps to get rid of pain simple exercises morning exercises. But in some severe cases, low back pain after sleeping is very intense and has the patient over an extended period. This indicates a serious disease of the spine.
Typical complaints in diseases of the spine:
- There were pulling / aching pain lying down, standing for a few minutes to lie down on her back and she begins to whine and crack;
- Low back pain after sleeping especially in the morning, loin numb, aches and hardens. It is necessary to disperse after a dream to get rid of the feeling;
- Aching lower back during the night and morning, one has only to lie down, aching pain gradually increases and more and more worried;
- Every morning, a sore lower back, pulling sensations. I sleep on a hard bed, but does not help. Very noticeable after a long sleep;
- I woke up in the morning and half an hour was not able to turn the body, as there was a sharp pain in the back, what to do;
- Lying on your stomach, lower back pain, but as the climb, all the symptoms start to leave;
- After sleeping on the back of lower back aches, are slow paced to fix it.
In order to determine the root cause of low back pain after sleeping, it is necessary to carry out differential diagnosis. This will help in a variety of diseases and pathological states to allocate the only true one, then immediately take his medication.
What to do if i have Low back pain after sleeping?!
Once an accurate diagnosis specialists clinics begin treatment, which aims to address the underlying causes of pain and pain relief. Typically, patients who applied in the early stages of the disease, requiring only manual therapy. If the disease takes a long time and moved into a chronic form, it may need drug therapy and maybe even surgery. To avoid this, at the first symptoms should consult a doctor.
Before treatment, you may need x-rays, ultrasound and some blood tests, as well as other studies, depending on the diagnosis. Anyone who has had problems with low back pain after sleeping, should contact the clinic.