First aid acute lower back pain: What to do in a fit of pain?
- 594 views
If you experience severe pain primarily stop doing what you’re doing, lie on your bed or on the floor, even if it means you’ll have to crawl (the only exceptions to this rule are cases when you suddenly numb leg or both legs, you’re in an accident or fell suddenly got hit cm. questionnaire below). In the supine position, the load is removed from the spine and pressure it becomes four times less than in the standing position. The reduction in pressure can significantly ease the first aid acute lower back pain and allow muscles covered by a protective spasm, a chance to relax. You can also help yourself to the mind’s efforts to relax the mind and body: try not to worry about their forced immobility, no matter what you were doing when the attack started, you can finish later.
First aid acute lower back pain: What attitude to adopt?
The best way are to reduce pressure on the spine lie on your back. Try to lie down at first without a pillow, but if the pain does not go, place it under his head. If necessary, place a pillow under your knees to the lumbar region is not too curved. If the pain down to the legs, put a pillow under your lower legs so that hips and knees at right angles, it will help take pressure off the sciatic nerve. 5 Steps to Lower Back Pain Relief Lower back pain or lumbago is a musculoskeletal disorder affecting 80% of people at some point in their lives. It is the most common cause of job-related disability, a leading contributor to missed work.
Video: 5 Steps to Lower Back Pain Relief
In some cases, the position of lying on his back does not ease the pain. If you find this position painful, try the exercises shown in the article quick pain relief to find a position in which the pain is not felt. Answers to the questions that are proposed in the list below will help you determine how serious your problem, and determine what actions should be taken.
First aid acute lower back pain: How serious is the problem?
By placing below the questionnaire you can find out what you should do in your case, but if there is any doubt, consult a doctor.
- If your situation fits at least one of the following suggestions, do not move, and ask someone to call «ambulance.»
- You just had an accident.
- You recently dropped or shock.
- You suddenly numb leg or both legs.
- If your situation fits at least one of the following suggestions, see a doctor immediately. Call the district or contact the emergency room.
- You have pain in the chest, left the armor left the side of the jaw.
- The pain does not pass, and enhanced, with no help and change the situation.
- Do you feel the growing weakness in the legs, numbness and accompany them, possibly, difficulty urinating and bowel movements.
- The pain is severe, prolonged, ceases only when tilted forward.
- If your situation fits at least one of the following suggestions, see a doctor in the coming days.
- Do you feel numbness or tingling in the arm or leg?
- Lately, you have lost weight and feel malaise and fatigue.
- You are a woman and you have menopause.
- You are pregnant.
- Are you a vegetarian or a long time followed a diet.
- You more than 60 years.
- If your situation fits at least one of the following assumptions night stay in bed, and if there is no improvement, consult a doctor.
- The character of pain changes if you move or change the position of the body.
- You recently performed unusual exercise related to the heavy load.
- You’re embarrassing turned or lifted the heavy object.